Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A Birthday Post for a True Beauty

I told myself I wasn't going to make a post today. It's that time of year again where I'm buried in my books doing some last-minute cramming for final exams, so I told myself, "No, Megan. Not today!"

Then I realized that today is Audrey Hepburn's birthday. 

I won't say much. Everything that needs to has already been said about this woman.  She was so beautiful and classy and truly iconic. I couldn't let her birthday go by unrecognized.  Today, I'll just share some beautiful pictures of and quotes from Miss Hepburn.  If you have the time (and don't currently have to worry about Macroeconomics or anything of the sort), I suggest watching one of Audrey's films today.  Sabrina, Funny Face, Roman Holiday, Breakfast at Tiffany's, etc. Really, any of them will do.  And now, as promised...


"I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day, and I believe in miracles."


"The best thing to hold onto in life is each other."


"The beauty of a woman is not in a facial mole,but true beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It is the caring that she lovingly gives, the passion that she knows."


"The most important thing is to enjoy your life—to be happy—it's all that matters."

Happy Birthday, Audrey! You are forever adored and loved.

***The last picture, and this post as a whole, is dedicated to my sister, Jennifer, and her love for "Moon River." Thank you for introducing me to Audrey and for being amazing in general. 


Photo Credits:
http://allaboutaudrey.tumblr.com/page/9
http://wutisit.wordpress.com/2011/01/22/inspirations-vol-1/
http://lisawallerrogers.wordpress.com/2009/01/16/266/
http://www.convogue.com/blog/post/studying-style-icons-audrey-hepburn-in-breakfast-at-tiffanys/
All quotes by Audrey Hepburn.

2 comments:

  1. Your post made me google her history about her life and loves.

    She was always so charismatic. ♥


    xoxo,
    Addie
    The Cat Hag

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww love you and the "Moon River" picture!

    ReplyDelete