Friday, May 6, 2011

Studmuffin of the Week: Leonardo DiCaprio (circa 1997)

It's Thursday! (Well, it's technically Friday morning here, but we won't worry about it.) And here on Meganista, Thursday means that we all get to swoon over another Studmuffin.
This week, I give you...

Leonardo DiCaprio, circa 1997.
Mmm.

For those who live under a rock and don't know, Leo is a mega-movie star that has been in huge films, such as The Aviator, Inception, The Departed, Romeo & Juliet, Revolutionary Road, and that one movie about a big boat.  What's the name of that movie?? I'm sure it'll come to me...

Though he is still hugely popular, this Hollywood hunk literally couldn't be stopped in the late 1990s.  He was (and still is) a household name.  His face postered the walls of every teen and pre-teen girl's bedroom.  He was the guy that every other guy wanted to be.  In 1997, I was a mere 7 years old.  I knew this man was attractive, but now, being 20, I can fully appreciate and worship his utter gorgeousness.  Does anyone have a time machine??


When Leo starred as Shakespeare's most famous man in Baz Luhrmann's 1996 adaptation of Romeo & Juliet, his career started to skyrocket. And, if you've seen the film, you know why. Leo perfectly captured all dimensions of dear Romeo, and, to put it bluntly, he looked damn good doing it.  I don't know a single girl who wouldn't want replace Claire Danes in this film. I mean, if Leo looked at me like that (picture above), I would likely faint in an instant.  So. Dreamy.


Leo's next big move was portraying Jack Dawson in James Cameron's epic 1997 masterpiece, Titanic (that's the name of it!).  Leo played opposite the gorgeous Kate Winslet.  And, well, I don't have to tell you how good Titanic is.  If you haven't seen Titanic at this point, you should probably hop on Netflix or head to the nearest Blockbuster (do those still exist??) and watch it pronto.  Then, I welcome you to join the human race. Anyway... Leo in Titanic was absolutely to die for. I really have no words.  Just swoons.  And pictures.

That smile! Those eyes! That hair!

Perfectly handsome.


A modern-day Leo.
And although this is a post dedicated to Leo's hunkiness in the late 90s, I can't deny that he is still super handsome!  This teenage heartthrob has turned into a sharp and sexy guy.

Hope you have enjoyed this week's Studmuffin.

Feel free to swoon over the sexiness that follows.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment