Thursday, May 19, 2011

Studmuffin of the Week: Jackson Rathbone

This week's Studmuffin is the handsome and multi-talented Jackson Rathbone!
I will fully admit that I had my time as a self-declared "Twi-hard." I have since calmed down significantly, but I'm not ashamed to admit that the Twilight saga movies introduced me to this handsome man!


Jackson was born in Singapore to two on-the-move American parents and has been acting since he was a kid. He attended his last two years of high school at Interlochen Arts Academy in Michigan for Acting (which, if you know theatre, is a pretty big deal). He has since been in films such as The Last Airbender, S. Darko, and, most notably, the Twilight Saga (as Jasper Hale).

In addition to his time on the silver screen, Mr. Rathbone has also been on TV on several occasions.  He has been on the likes of The OC, No Ordinary Family, and Criminal Minds and was also a correspondent for Disney 411 back in the day (see picture of him interviewing Aly & AJ below!). Too precious.


So Jackson only acts, right? Wrong! Jackson is extremely musically talented as well.

Jackson's band, 100 Monkeys, is a Los Angeles-based band with a funk-rock sound. Jackson alternates between singing vocals and playing guitar, bass, drums, keyboard, mandolin, trumpet, and harmonica. I kid you not.

Jackson with 100 Monkeys in Chapel Hill (Photo by me!)

I got the chance to see 100 Monkeys in Chapel Hill, NC, in April 2010. The band was so energetic and fun! They truly all rotate instruments and are individually great at every single one. After a long wait after their set, I was so excited to meet Jackson and the rest of the guys! Sadly, Mr. Security Man said, "No pictures please! Keep the line moving!" pretty much right away. So, although I don't have a picture with him, I did get to see his sparkling smile and adorable dimples in person and got to talk to him face-to-face. He was very sweet and possibly a little bit drunk. Either way, it was a great experience! I got autographs from every member of the band (see picture--Jackson in upper right) and called it a night!


Jackson's acting talents, amazing musical abilities, dashing smile, beautiful flowing locks of hair, and overall debonair aura land him a spot as this Thursday's Studmuffin of the Week.
Find out what Jackson's up to on a daily basis on Twitter @JacksonRathbone!

No comments:

Post a Comment